Numerals Crossword Puzzle
for Subtracting 8 and 9)
- 'Counting backwards when subtracting 8 and 9 is an accurate
strategy, but it is very inefficient.' What does this mean?
- How could we test if it is quicker to use a strategy to
solve problems involving the subtraction of 8 and 9 than
- Devise and carry out a scientific investigation which
proves or disproves using strategies is more efficient that
counting backwards on your fingers. Be sure to use adults
as well as children. A graph will definitely help.
- Under stress people revert back to what they know best.
If you are in an exam you will go back to fingers because
it is what you know. How can you avoid this? Discuss.
this Crossword Puzzle:
This is designed as a paired collaborative task involving
lots of discussion, lots of arguement, exploration of strategies,
failing, succeeding and constructing knowledge.
This Resource is Not to Be Used:
an end of unit test
- as homework with no input
pointless busy work
a sit down, shut up and do your worksheet activity :(
Numerals Crossword Puzzle(Acrobat)